How many of us out there have heard the recommendation to plan and pack our meals in advance? Yet, day after day, we still opt to eat out during the work or school week instead.
Why do we do this?
If you are like me, you worry about the time it will take! It can be difficult enough to get out of the house on schedule let alone think of what to make for lunch that day.
Well, I have a few simple and nutritious meals that can be easily prepared in under 30 minutes, and you don’t even have to be a culinary master to make them. All of these recipes can be packed and easily taken to work and/or school, just add a fruit of your liking and you have a complete lunch.
Recipe 1: Cucumber avocado roll ups
Prep time: 20 minutes
- 1 Avocado
- 1 Clove of garlic
- 2 teaspoons of lime juice
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- Few grinds of pepper
- 1 Cucumber
- Paprika for garnish
Recipe 2: Lemony tuna salad
Prep time: 5- 10 minutes
- 1 can of tuna
- 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mini bell peppers, seeded and chopped in half (optional)
- Crackers (Nut thins work well with this recipe, also optional)
- Prepare tuna salad by combining tuna, juice from ½ a lemon into a bowl and as much salt and pepper as you’d like
- Mix together with a fork until all the ingredients are combined
- Taste salad and add more lemon juice if needed
- **optional: scoop tuna salad onto crackers or into mini bell peppers and enjoy! This salad is just as tasty on its own but the crackers and bell peppers can add more flavor and texture.
Please check in next week for two more lunch recipes!
By Marisa Stratton, Dietetic Aide